Saturday, July 28, 2007

Update: 7/27/2007 - Welcome to the Island!

I have such cool news !! We're in Bangkok.. got in early this am. And got a little time to rest and recoup before starting our debrief.
 
We found out later, that tomorrow we'll be going to an island (forget the name) in the gulf of Thailand tomorrow.  We get to spend a few days 'relaxing' on the beach before we head home.  They said they usually do this for every team before coming home - but we had NO idea.  They didn't even hint.  In FACT they said that we had more 'ministry' to do.  And I was just praying so hard.  Because I'm really wore out.  And I was like " God ..ok. I can do this.  Just fill be up.  Be my strength."  And then I find out that I'm going to the beach.  An ISLAND no less.
 
We'll be traveling by Sontow - our main form of transport here - tomorrow at 7 am.  For three hours.  And then when we get to the ocean, we'll be getting into a couple of speed boats.  And traveling for a few hours out to the island.  I'm SO EXCITED!

I had to get some board shorts today since we can't wear two pieces and ..my legs are SOO white from wearing skirts all summer - it's not even funny.
I'm so many different shades of brown and white..it's sad.  I could mix and match every nylon color on my body in different places, how embarrassing.
 
Oh well. Life goes on.
I'm SO EXCITED!
We'll be back on Tuesday and head home Wednesday.
Talk to you soon!!

No comments: