Thursday, July 12, 2007

Update: 7/10/2007 - Be the Duck

Today we have our outreach interviews with our leaders to see 'how we're doing'. It's a part of our requirements for 'graduation' when we get back. I think I'll do just fine.


This morning we had a really good time of worship, and intercession for each other. We individually asked Holy Spirit what He wanted us to be focusing on "putting on" for the last few weeks of outreach (this study came out of Colossians 3 - we are dead to our old nature, and need to put on the new nature)... He gave me a picture of water sliding off the back of a duck. And He told me that I needed to be like that ..with difficult people. To not let their harsh words, snotty comments etc. get to me. To not allow a root of bitterness to grow or fester. But to be like that duck and let them roll right off. He told me to focus on being "Courageous in Love". Because we love is our motivation..and we do things with that motive in mind - we do not have a 'circumstantial' attitude. "They did this to me..so I feel this toward them." We become initiators instead of responders.


I've been struggling lately in this area. That's because I was trying to work it up. God's love is never ending...the fuel tank is always full. I need to get my supply from Him. To not let their words, actions, or attitudes determine my words, actions, and attitude toward them. But to see them through God's eyes...be like the duck - let it slide - and be consistent in LOVE and GRACE. Because mercy triumphs over judgment. God has given me grace when I didn't deserve it..just so..I am to freely give what I have received.

An encouraging word - and gentle rebuke - from Father this morning. It was so good. He loves those He corrects. So I know I'm in the right place.

 

My English class is going good. Last night I met my students for the first time - Ann, Oom, Kai Kum, and Bia. They are very cute. Pray that God gives me good Ideas to help them learn, but that I also get to plant seeds and love them into the kingdom.

 

I hope everything there is going well. I miss you all -

 

love, joanna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So can I call you Mallard? I love the whole concept wrapped up in those three words - be.the.duck - powerful concept. Actually it'd be a great name for a radical revolutionary sort of coffeehouse... but hey, Yadaroot is ok too.... :-)

Know you're having the time of your life and I just wanted to tell you that I love ya lil sister!