Monday, June 11, 2007

Update: June 7, 2007 - 5:52 AM

I am writing to let you know that I am here safely.  I was really tired when I arrived because I hadn't slept at all on any of the flights.  It was a 13 hour flight from San Fran to Taipai, and a six hour flight from Taipai to Bankok.  We had a 5 hour lay over in Taipai.  A two hour lay over in San Fran and about a 3 hour lay over in Salt Lake.  So it was a long day or so.  It was Wednesday night when we got here.  The weather outside of the airport felt like we were walking through lotion..the air is so balmy.  It smells like inscense everywhere we go.  The culture is beautiful.  The buildings and taxis and people are so colorful and sweet.  I am learning things about the culture that are hard for me, like not making eye contact with men and smiling - because it is an invite.  This is hard...
 
Pray that God gives me the gift of Thai - for communicating.  I NEED LANGUAGE.
But yes, it is gorgeous here.  I love it.  And I am doing well. 
 
This is all the time I have.  Thank you for you prayers.  I am really happy to be here.  I am tempted to live in a foreign country - I love it !!
 
Kiss and hug everyone for me.  - I miss you

No comments: