Wednesday, May 28, 2008

City Council Meeting - Follow up

As I promised, I'm writing to let you know how the City Council Meeting went tonight. Their response was favorable, though there will have to be more consideration and input from the community. One council member suggested that I make sure the Laurel Outlook (newspaper) wrote about the Sister City Idea. Then we could gage the community's interest level based on the response we get from the article.

I can also print out responses, opinions, and suggestions that any of you have. So please post comments regarding this idea. Would you be interested in having a Sister City?

I will write more soon,
Joanna

ps.) for those of you who are new my this blog, you can read more (below) about how Project Musekee got started. Thanks for visiting this page. And feel free to contact me with questions or comments. my email is - yada.root@gmail.com

FYI - Why am I so into yada? It's the Hebrew word for Knowing or loving someone or something deeply. The actual definition is "To Know by observation, investigation, reflection, or firsthand experience." But the highest level of yada is in 'direct intimate contact'. I take "root" from Psalm One - being rooted and grounded in God. Together they symbolize what I've given my entire life to. Knowing God. And from that place of love and security, making Him Known to others by allowing Him to been seen in me.

I'm not sure if I ever explained that to you before. But lots of people laugh at that silly phrase, when it's really so much more. It's just hidden, like most treasures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the explaination on "yada". It was really good. We all look forward to the forth-coming updates on "Project Musekee".

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joanna for bringing your story and travels to our City Council. I was facinated to hear it, but caught me a little off guard and will undoubtedly have a lot of questions as you write and send home information. I have often thought that your dream was a noble idea and if I was a young person I would consider some humanetarian service somewhere. I think it must be very gradifying
and your book and writings will be a great read. Keep in touch. I like the sister city concept, and look forward to that possibility. I hope the schools will embrace it also, so that other children here can learn and see kids their own age and how they live. Maybe it will give them here a sense of pride as to what possibilities they have at their fingertips in this country and what life could be like if for just where you are born and raised.
Good Luck
God Bless you
Mark Mace
Laurel City Council
Ward 2

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. I , too, feel that you are on the edge of the forest peering in-to something much larger than the path you now stand on. God has already made a way to lead you to the right pieces of info that will complete the puzzle and make the book a reality. Keep your focus on Him, your Source of all that you need.